Friday 26 July 2013

Casual Friday - Janelle Monae

MEGA TALENT

Meet Janelle Monae - Born 1985 in Kansas City, she released her debut album "The ArchAndroid" in 2010 (it's awesome - go DL it now) Like some brilliant bastard menage et trois offspring of James Brown, Prince and Grace Jones, Janelle has an amazing talent for song writing, powerful vocals and groovy dancing - she is THE ultimate Girl crush Idol.
She almost always wears a tuxedo and a quiff in her coiffure.  Black and white... perhaps Janelle was an inspiration for the whole monochrome trend we're seeing right now?
You may know her from her collaboration with Fun in their Queen-esque hit "We are young" which hit no.1 - her first top 10 single.
Rocking the white suit - with no shirt! #Hawt.
Have suspenders ever looked cooler? Nailed the red lip and strong brow look.
She's a spokesperson for Cover Girl.
On her dress sense she has said: "A tux is such a standard uniform, it’s so classy and it’s a lifestyle I enjoy. The tux keeps me balanced. I look at myself as a canvas. I don’t want to cloud myself with too many colors or I’ll go crazy."
And for an added shoe-fiend angle she wears George Esquivel shoes in her awesome videos
Check out her first single "Tightrope" on Youtube here
And her latest single for her upcoming Album here - Due out September 10th 2013
She's let her hair down! I've seriously watched this 5 times. 

I hope you guys check her out, if you like music you'll like her ;-)
Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!

What do you like to rock out to?

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

No comments:

Post a Comment